Principal Hong Kong Equity Fund - R2 Class Units
- Principal Hong Kong Equity Fund (“Fund”) will invest primarily in listed equities issued by companies established in Hong Kong or by companies whose shares are listed in Hong Kong. The Fund may also invest in listed equities issued by companies which have business in Hong Kong.
- The Fund invests in a single country or regional markets. Compared with a well-diversified fund, its concentration risk is relatively high and hence it might be more volatile than a well-diversified fund. The Fund is also subject to liquidity, emerging market and securities risks.
- For R2 Class Units of the Fund, dividend is not guaranteed. The manager may at its discretion pay dividend effectively out of the capital attributable to the R6 Class Units of the Fund (i.e. making the distribution from gross income while charging all or part of the fees and expenses attributable to the R6 Class Units to the capital out of such Units of the Fund), resulting in an increase in distributable income for the payment of dividend by the R6 Class Units of the Fund and may result in an immediate reduction of the net asset value per unit of the R6 Class Units of the Fund. Such payment of dividend effectively out of capital amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment in the R6 Class Units of the Fund or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment.
- Investment involves risk. There is no assurance on investment returns and you may not get back the amount originally invested.
- The investment decision is yours and you should not invest in this Fund unless the intermediary who sells it to you has advised you that it is suitable for you and explained how it is consistent with your investment objectives.
- You should not rely solely on this website when making your investment decision. You should read the Explanatory Memorandum of Principal Life Style Fund for further details (including investment strategies, risk factors, fees and charges, and fund information).
Valuation Date (DD/MM/YYYY)
^ The unit price of the fund is calculated on net asset value.
To achieve capital growth over the long-term by investing mainly in Hong Kong equity markets
The Principal Hong Kong Equity Fund will invest primarily in listed equities issued by companies established in Hong Kong or by companies whose shares are listed in Hong Kong (including but not limited to H shares and shares of red-chip companies listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange). The Principal Hong Kong Equity Fund may also invest in listed equities issued by companies which have business in Hong Kong. The Sub-Fund may hold cash and short-term investments. For details please refer to Explanatory Memorandum.
Principal Life Style Fund
Principal Hong Kong Equity Fund - R2 Class Units
HKD10,250.2 million As of 30/11/2022
Asset Allocation4Equity Securities70 - 100%Cash & Short-term Investments (e.g. bills and deposits)0 - 30%
3 years annualized volatility2
26.03 As of 30/11/2022
Alan Xi Wang
Launch Date (DD/MM/YYYY)
Ongoing charges over a year3
Geographic Allocation4Hong Kong/China70 - 100%Others0 - 30%
1. The Risk/Return Spectrum includes 4 levels of risks: Low, Moderate, Moderate to High and High. The classifications of Risk/Return Spectrum for each constituent fund are determined by the Investment Manager of the Scheme, Principal Asset Management Company (Asia) Limited, based on past volatility (i.e. annualized standard deviation of returns) and relative risk levels among the constituent funds in the Scheme. The classifications of Risk/Return Spectrum will be reviewed by the Investment Manager on an annual basis and are provided for reference only.
2. The 3 Years Annualized Volatility shows the risk of a constituent fund and is calculated as an annualized standard deviation based on the monthly rates of return of the constituent fund over the past three years. However, it is not required to indicate the 3 Years Annualized Volatility if the period between the reporting date of the website and the inception date for the fund is less than 3 years.
3. The ongoing charges figures are based on expenses for the year ended 31 December 2021. These figures may vary from year to year.
4. Investors should note that (i) the above ranges of asset and geographic allocations are for indication only and long-term allocations may vary with changing market conditions; and (ii) the geographic allocation for equity investments is classified by the principal place of business of the issuers and the geographic allocation for debt investments is classified by their currency denomination.
Explanatory Memorandum - Principal Life Style Fund
Product Key Facts - Hong Kong Equity Fund
Fund Fact Sheets - Principal Life Style Fund - Hong Kong Equity Fund
Annual Report and Audited Financial Statements (For The Year Ended 31 December 2021)
Unaudited Semi-Annual Report (For The Six Months Ended 30 June 2022)
Notice to Unitholders of Principal Life Style Fund (2022/11)
Notice to Unitholders of Principal Life Style Fund (2021/05)
Mutual Funds Product Range Brochure