Important: If you are in doubt about the meaning or effect of the contents of this website, you should seek independent professional advice.
Important to note:
- Each of the Principal Capital Guaranteed Fund and the Principal Long Term Guaranteed Fund invests solely in an insurance policy-based Approved Pooled Investment Fund (“APIF”) issued by Principal Insurance Company (Hong Kong) Limited ("Principal"). The guarantee is also provided by Principal. Your investments, if any, in the Principal Capital Guaranteed Fund and the Principal Long Term Guaranteed Fund are therefore subject to the credit risk of Principal. Please refer to section 3.4.1 (Principal Capital Guaranteed Fund) and section 3.4.2 (Principal Long Term Guaranteed Fund) of the relevant MPF Scheme Brochure for details of the credit risk, guarantee features and guarantee conditions.
- Principal, the guarantor of the insurance policy-based APIF in which the Principal Long Term Guaranteed Fund invests, will only provide a guarantee of capital and a prescribed guarantee rate of return in certain specified circumstances. Please note that you may lose the guarantee entitlement if you have elected to transfer your accrued benefits in the Scheme* (i) from an account within the Scheme to another account within the Scheme; (ii) from the Principal Long Term Guaranteed Fund to another Constituent Fund* in the Scheme; or (iii) to another registered scheme as described in section 6.7.2 (Transferring accrued benefits (other than accrued benefits attributable to Tax Deductible Voluntary Contributions (“TVC”)) from or within the Scheme) of the relevant MPF Scheme Brochure. Please refer to section 3.4.2 (Principal Long Term Guaranteed Fund) of the relevant MPF Scheme Brochure for for details of the guarantee conditions. Please also note that a partial withdrawal of accrued benefits may affect your guarantee entitlement under the Principal Long Term Guaranteed Fund. For details, please refer to Appendix I (Operation of the guarantee in respect of the Principal Long Term Guaranteed Fund) of the relevant MPF Scheme Brochure.
- If you are currently investing in the Principal Long Term Guaranteed Fund, a withdrawal of the accrued benefits on ground of terminal illness may affect your entitlement to the guarantee and you may lose your guarantee. For details please check the relevant MPF Scheme Brochures or consult the trustee before making any such withdrawal.
- Principal, the guarantor of the Principal Capital Guaranteed Fund will provide a guarantee to ensure the unit value of the fund will never decrease. Prior to 30 December 2011, under the indirect charge option (i.e. the Class I Units), part of the management fee was asset based and was deducted from the net asset value of the Principal Capital Guaranteed Fund, while the remaining part was paid by deducting units from members’ account. As such, capital may not be guaranteed in absolute term for scheme members under the indirect charge option before 30 December 2011.
- Investment in the Principal HK Dollar Savings Fund is different from placing deposits with a bank or deposit-taking company and is not protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme. Investment in the Principal HK Dollar Savings Fund will be subject to investment risks.
- Fees and charges of a MPF conservative fund can be deducted from either (i) the assets of the Constituent Fund or (ii) members’ account by way of unit deduction. This Principal MPF Conservative Fund uses method (i) and, therefore, unit prices/net asset value/fund performance quoted have incorporated the impact of fees and charges.
- You should consider your own risk tolerance level and financial circumstances before investing in Default Investment Strategy (“DIS”). You should note that the Principal Core Accumulation Fund and the Principal Age 65 Plus Fund may not be suitable for you, and there may be a risk mismatch between the Principal Core Accumulation Fund and the Principal Age 65 Plus Fund and your risk profile (the resulting portfolio risk may be greater than your risk preference). You should seek financial and/or professional advice if you are in doubt as to whether the DIS is suitable for you, and make the investment decision most suitable for you taking into account your circumstances.
- You should note that the implementation of the DIS may have an impact on your MPF investments and benefits. You should consult with the Trustee if you have doubts on how you are being affected.
- You should consider your own risk tolerance level and financial circumstances before making any investment choices. In your selection of Constituent Fund(s), when you are in doubt as to whether a certain Constituent Fund is suitable for you (including whether it is consistent with your investment objectives), you should seek financial and/or professional advice and choose the Constituent Fund(s) most suitable for you, taking into account your own circumstances.
- In the event that you do not make any investment choices, please be reminded that any contributions made and/or benefits transferred into this Scheme will be invested into the DIS.
- Investment involves risks. The value of the funds may go up or down. The past performance is not indicative of future performance. Your investment may suffer significant loss. There is no assurance on investment returns and you may not get back the amount originally invested.
- You should not invest in reliance on this website alone. You should read the MPF Scheme Brochures of the relevant Schemes for further details (including investment policy, risk factors, fee and charges of the Constituent Funds).
* “Scheme” means Principal MPF Scheme Series 800.
“Constituent Fund” means the constituent funds covered under the Scheme.
What is Personal Account?
A personal account in relation to a member of an MPF scheme, means an account (not a contribution account) within the scheme, (a) into which special contributions (if any) are paid in respect of the member; (b) in which the member's accrued benefits (if any) in respect of any former employment or former self-employment of the member are held; (c) in which the member's accrued benefits (that are deriving from employee mandatory contributions only, if any) in respect of any current employment of the member are held ; and (d) in which the member's Minimum MPF Benefits (if any) transferred to the scheme from an ORSO exempted scheme or an ORSO registered scheme are held.
Issuer of this material: Principal Trust Company (Asia) Limited