Principal China Equity Fund - R6 Class Units
- Principal China Equity Fund (“Fund”) will invest primarily in equities issued by companies with exposure in different sectors of economies in People’s Republic of China (Mainland China).
- The Fund invests in a single country. Compared with a well-diversified fund, its concentration risk is relatively high and hence it might be more volatile than a well-diversified fund. The Fund is also subject to liquidity, emerging market and securities risks.
- For R6 Class Units of the Fund, dividend is not guaranteed. The manager may at its discretion pay dividend effectively out of the capital attributable to the R6 Class Units of the Fund (i.e. making the distribution from gross income while charging all or part of the fees and expenses attributable to the R6 Class Units to the capital out of such Units of the Fund), resulting in an increase in distributable income for the payment of dividend by the R6 Class Units of the Fund and may result in an immediate reduction of the net asset value per unit of the R6 Class Units of the Fund. Such payment of dividend effectively out of capital amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment in the R6 Class Units of the Fund or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment.
- Investment involves risk. There is no assurance on investment returns and you may not get back the amount originally invested.
- The investment decision is yours and you should not invest in this Fund unless the intermediary who sells it to you has advised you that it is suitable for you and explained how it is consistent with your investment objectives.
- You should not rely solely on this website when making your investment decision. You should read the Explanatory Memorandum of Principal Life Style Fund for further details (including investment strategies, risk factors, fees and charges, and fund information).
Valuation Date (DD/MM/YYYY)
^ The unit price of the fund is calculated on net asset value.
To achieve capital growth over the long term by investing mainly in China related equities.
The Principal China Equity Fund will invest primarily in equities issued by companies with exposure in different sectors of economies in People’s Republic of China (Mainland China). Equity securities include but are not limited to equity shares, preference shares, depository receipts and other collective investment schemes as permitted under the MPF Regulation. The Sub-Fund does not invest in A-shares in the People’s Republic of China but may invest not more than 10% in total of its assets in B-shares. For details please refer to Explanatory Memorandum.
Principal Life Style Fund
Principal China Equity Fund - R6 Class Units
HKD3,698.1 million As of 30/11/2022
Asset Allocation4Equity Securities70 - 100%Cash & short-term investments (e.g. bills and deposits)0 - 30%
3 years annualized volatility2
26.34 As of 30/11/2022
Alan Xi Wang, Peter Xi Luo
Launch Date (DD/MM/YYYY)
Ongoing charges over a year3
Geographic Allocation4People's Republic of China (Mainland China)70 - 100%Other countries0 - 30%
1. The Risk/Return Spectrum includes 4 levels of risks: Low, Moderate, Moderate to High and High. The classifications of Risk/Return Spectrum for each constituent fund are determined by the Investment Manager of the Scheme, Principal Asset Management Company (Asia) Limited, based on past volatility (i.e. annualized standard deviation of returns) and relative risk levels among the constituent funds in the Scheme. The classifications of Risk/Return Spectrum will be reviewed by the Investment Manager on an annual basis and are provided for reference only.
2. The 3 Years Annualized Volatility shows the risk of a constituent fund and is calculated as an annualized standard deviation based on the monthly rates of return of the constituent fund over the past three years. However, it is not required to indicate the 3 Years Annualized Volatility if the period between the reporting date of the website and the inception date for the fund is less than 3 years.
3. For Retail Class Units and R6 Class Units: the ongoing charges figures are based on expenses for the year ended 31 December 2021. These figures may vary from year to year.
4. Investors should note that (i) the above ranges of asset and geographic allocations are for indication only and long-term allocations may vary with changing market conditions; and (ii) the geographic allocation for equity investments is classified by the principal place of business of the issuers and the geographic allocation for debt investments is classified by their currency denomination.
|Dividend Period End Date||Dividend per unit||Dividend paid out of net distributable income for the period||Dividend effectively paid out of capital|
The Manager intends to distribute dividend on a quarterly basis in March, June, September and December.
Net distributable income = "Gross income (other than any realised gain on sale of investments, unrealised gain on investments and foreign exchange gain)" less "total expenses incurred by fund"
Warning: Please note that a positive distribution yield does not imply a positive return. Investors should not make any investment decision solely based on information contained in the table above. You should read the relevant offering document (including the key facts statement) of the fund for further details including the risk factors.
Explanatory Memorandum - Principal Life Style Fund
Product Key Facts - China Equity Fund
Fund Fact Sheets - Principal Life Style Fund - China Equity Fund
Dividend Records - Principal Life Style Fund
Annual Report and Audited Financial Statements (For The Year Ended 31 December 2021)
Unaudited Semi-Annual Report (For The Six Months Ended 30 June 2022)
Notice to Unitholders of Principal Life Style Fund (2022/11)
Notice to Unitholders of Principal Life Style Fund (2021/05)
Mutual Funds Product Range Brochure